[TechAssist] Proton TV 27" VT-290

  • From: Gaetan <techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tv-repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:41:32 -0400

Been a hell of a day yesterday , shop is full to top ! hehehe
Received a Proton TV 27" , VT-290 , chassis CVT-290 , 1988
Customer complaint is Tv take about 10 minutes to get on .
I can hear a squeal for about 10 minutes , about every 2 minutes a lamp on the
front get's lighted , another one , etc , then the picture appears , then no
more squeal , then Tv is perfect !!!
I presume power supply problem ....probably caps .
Any data on these Proton ?? never worked on that brand .
Who makes them ?
I am on the right track ?
TIA

Gaetan Bourgouin
Techno Logik
Terrebonne  Que. Can.
techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
***Did you know .....
... State with highest % of people who walk to work : Alaska. ...

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html