[TechAssist] Proscan PS32108 CTC187CM Tuner Input preamp out?

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:15:34 +0000

Proscan
PS32108
CTC187CM

                       Customer rode tuner to oblivion. Resoldered all
grounds but minimal signal. A picture can be obtained if an input is
injected on the outboard side (side closest to rear) of L7109
strong local stations pasable weaker stations magrginal set is in cable mode
at the moment didn't try to reprogram for UHF yet. Don't have the schematic
for this particular set. I have a scheamtic for a CTC177AA3 Which has a
number of simmilarities, any one know what the diffreces are? Using the
CTC177 tuner schematic would sugest that Q7102 (a dual gate surface mount
FET) may have been compromised since on that schematic that is the output
from that gain circuit. Does any one think that this may be the case or
could I Still have a damaged U1001 or EEprom affecting the AGC?

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

Cell phone ?switch? rules are taking effect ? find out more here.
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx