[TechAssist] Re: Possible RCA/Gemstar loss of audio Fix

  • From: Jon Garver <jongar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:47:09 -0500

Hi Jim, I have encountered 3 sets in the past 2 weeks with basically the
same symptoms. Not the no sound symptom but as you said off channel
white noise except for channels 5, 6, & 13 which have good sound. All
channels have good a picture. Unplugging to reset doesn't work with this
problem.

The one that I've had in the shop for the past week would cycle from
good to bad about every 30 to 45 minutes. Heat / cold didn't seem to
affect it. I replaced U12101 and that seems to have cured it. It's been
running at least 3 days with no problem.

The second set just came in this evening with basically the same
reported symptom except for the cycling. Plugged it in and powered up
and been running for 4 hours. No problem yet.

The 3rd set will be a service call yet to do with the same symptoms but
with a twist, on channel 7, the picture goes out (black raster).

It just seems strange that I got 3 with the same basic symptoms that I
have never seen before within a 2 week period.

Is this what you are running into?

Jon Garver
Heritage Television Service
204 Heritage Rd.