[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer SD-P50A5-K Fixed

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:37:57 EST

Hi All,
     Replacing the STK392-110's with STK392-180's and the fuse FU106 repaired
the unit here.
                                                            HTH,
                                                               Lindsey

Hi All,
    A little bit of a followup on this one. Pioneer says it is convergence
IC''s causing the problems. They recommend upgrading the IC's from STK392-110
STK392-180 and replace the power supply to repair this unit. Seems to be a
problem in them I suspect although I don't see many here. Ignorance is bliss
they say....
    Pioneer tech support can reached at 1-770-475-5241. Parts at
1-800-228-7221. Customer service at 1-800-421-1404. Corporate at
1-310-952-2000. You never
can tell when you might have to complain. :).
    Writing these numbers down may save someone the time I spent trying to
repair this one. And since no one responded to my two previous posts in any
fashion, I'll assume most here don't see many Pioneer PTV's...

                                                     HTH,
                                                        Lindsey

Lindsey Altman
At Home Service Company