[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P5053-K

  • From: "Jasen Rogers" <jasenr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:32:19 -0500

I am working on a Pioneer Projection TV from 1991. I was wondering if anyone
has seen this before? The TV will not turn on. When plugged in, it will make a
pop - pop - pop noise and the sound eventually fades out. The power button has
no effect. I am told that it used to be able to be unplugged and then plugged
back in and it would work for a short time. Now, it just pops after being
plugged in for a few seconds. I tried re-soldering all the bad solders joints
on the P/S board. No effect. I am down to components, but I am hoping someone
might know which components cause this problem. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Jasen Rogers
Power Maintenance International

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html