[TechAssist] Philips/Magnavox TS2554C107/ 25B700 fixed vert. now tuner inop. A/VOK

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:22:25 -0400

Similar to the 25B800 chassis...
The  customer moved the set across the room. Was OK before. The vert
output IC500 had cold solder and blew the usual parts:
IC500: TDA9302H
D445, D409 both 483513037094
R445, R420 both 1 ohm 1/3 watt# 483511657109
Now, powers up OK, with HV, OSD works, but no tuner operation. Black screen.
Entered OSD and chenged "input" to A/V, connected my DVD player and rear
inputs work OK with good pix and sound. Tuner is getting voltages (+33V,
Since this all worked before the move, I am remembering a reference to
this vertical failure corrupting the eeprom. Any thoughts on this?
(after all, the move,nor the vertical issue should damage the tuner).
And lastly, IF the eeprom is suspect, on this model, can this eeprom be
completely removed,as a test, and the TV powered on,to see if tuning is
Of course many parameters will not be stored.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx