[TechAssist] Philips TS3258 : D7 chassis , won't start

Make : Philips
Model : TS3258C101
Chassis : 32D7
Problem : Pressing power button gives is a power light for a second , the
degauss relay clicks then shuts off.  Power light only comes on once. We
have to unplug the set to get it to repeat this process. Customer believes
it was a lightning failure

Troubleshooting done : We have 130VDC on the collector of the HOT but no
base drive. PC mount fuses & secondary SMPS supplies seem OK. Difficult to
test without service data.

Is it just me or are these Philips PC Board designs very difficult to trace!
My eyes go buggy trying to figure these out!

Any-who......is there a troubleshooting flowchart from Philips available to
trace these startup problems?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beechtree Lane