[TechAssist] Philips TS2546 C221 Chassis 25F800 7583

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 05 Apr 2002 11:57:06 -0800

Unit came in with R3488 open (burnt load resistor for vertical output IC)
Ordered and put in new vertical output IC7401 (STV9379Fa) and replaced R3488
with a 2.2 ohm resistor, turned on set, R3488 smoked again. Replaced R3488
again and fired up and I get around 55 volts on the resistor with the vertical
output IC out of circuit. Set only stays on for a couple of seconds before
going into shut down. Any suggestions on this one. It's last years model. I
checked resistance from the resistor to ground and it measures high so there is
no dead short. Is the value of this resistor around 2.2 ohm or a lot higher?
Sure would be a great help if someone could make a scan of this circuit for me.
 Thanks,  Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

SUBJECT field to the address above.