[TechAssist] Philips PTV630 HV transistor shorted

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:26:42 -0400

Could use a bit of info on this PTV630 philips. Don't see many because
there isn't a philips dealer in this area.

The high voltage O/P transistor is shorted. All power supply voltages
appear normal, deflection aand audio is working.

Question: there is 130V on the collector of the HV transistor 2DS1556
which is shorted so there must be a fuse or fuse resistor somewhere in
the emitter line, could someone tell me the location and value of the
fusable.
Found tips on ptv620 and a .0019uf cap was mentioned as possible cause
and to check the blue crt, does this apply to the 630 as well?

Any suggestions welcome, may save an extra trip  as I have to work on
this on site.

Al G
Al's TV-Electronics
Pembroke Ont.