[TechAssist] Philips Model 43PP9202/17

  • From: "Larry Poffen" <lpoffen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:28:00 -0500

I need some advise from a Philips expert on this set.  It came in with
convergence problems, I replaced 7044 & 7045 (STK392-120) with STK392-150`s
& also repl 3159 & 3160 resistors that were open.  I set up convergence &
that is OK , but now have color shift problems  In the SAM mode I got an
error code 16 & 17. The error 17 would reset but come back, but the error 16
would not reset.  I replaced the CBA 3135 137 22971 PIP Panel assy for the
error code 16 (PIP/DW Tuner (ETA50) I2C failure.  This did not fix the color
shift problem, but I no longer get the error code 17 only the 16 error.  The
error code 17 says PIP IC M65669SP I2C failure or Double Window IC SAB9081
I2C failure.  I am lost on where to go from here.  I have posted this last
week before I got the replacement panel, but am at a loose of what to do
now.  Any info on this problem appreciated.  The color shift makes the faces
purple,  & all colors wrong, but all colors are there.  Help!!!  Larry

Larrys TV & Computer Service
Broken Arrow OK 74011
phone 918-455-1041
Fax 918-451-4485