[TechAssist] Re: Philips HOT BU2508DF Mis-labeled

Dues are $240 per year and Nesdanet is $60 extra. I believe they have first
year discount on the dues for new members. As a Nesda member, we get access to
Thomson, Panasonic, and Toshibas Web site and can download manuals and get
technical assistance. We were getting the same thing from Hitachis web site but
now they offer access to all servicers. Several distributors offer Nesda
members a extra 10% discount on parts. Nesda recently added a tips program and
members are loading it with tips. Publishers of tips programs monitor the posts
and occasionally toss in a free tip. Nesda has a number of business aids
including a downloadable form to figure out your CODB that most manufacturers
accept when negotiating warranty rates. A number of distributors monitor
Nesdanet and respond to requests for parts. Some of the major manufacturers
monitor Nesdanet and provide technical assistance responces to posts involving
their product. I post the same requests for assistance to three lists
  but get responces that solve the problem more frequently from Nesdanet than
from the other lists. If you have a problem with a manufacturer Nesda will
contact the appropriate people and straighten things out. Warnings are posted
about extended service contract providers or manufacturers that are not paying
claims. Being a member more than pays for itself and you get to associate with
some of the most knowledgable people in the electronics service business. They
have an annual convention too in places like Orlando or Los Vegas where the
manufacturers provide training seminars and where you can have discussions with
the manufacturers representatives. Thats all I can think of at the moment.
J Silverman