[TechAssist] Re: Philips 27PS50-B121 27L800-7603 chassis poor color

  • From: Randy Evans <tvsvc2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:04:54 -0800 (PST)

If this set has a degauss circuit similar to the F800 chassis, check for a leaky
SMD Diode in that circuit.

Tip for the F800 Chassis
=======================
SYMPTOM: Poor purity. Manual degauss will clear purity. Auto degauss will
cause poor purity to return.

CLUE: Degauss relay only holds for very short time. If relay is forced to
hold closed normal degauss with good purity occurs.

CURE: Replace diode 6591 (leaky) with Service Code 4835 130 37905.

Good Luck,

Randy Evans
VCR SERVICE
Delta, Ohio  43515

Gemini Computer & TV <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It sure does sound like the micro. I would give it a shot. I have seen a
variety of weird symptoms from that particular micro so I keep about a half
dozen on hand. That shutdown due to a slight adjustment of the G2 is very
common on this chassis. See the following:

SYMPTOM: Shutdown (into protect) with no symptom shown.

CLUE: Adjustment of Sg2 (master screen on LOT) may resolve but symptom may
return.

POSSIBLE CURE: The LOT (flyback) 5445. Refer to Force for the Service
Code. Several returned samples have been discovered with
unstable/intermittent Sg2 controls. Monitoring the Sg2 voltage may provide
proof of this as the cause of protection.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms