[TechAssist] Philips 27PS50 27L800 chassis poor color

  • From: "Mitchs Electronics" <Mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:02:56 -0600

Told the customer that the crt appears to be bad, even though it is still under
factory warranty. He said send it to the land fill. Thought I would fire it up
one more time,  like always to see if I was thinking right.
I don't have a print on this but I don't see how the crt can be bad because if
the shadow mask was loose it shouldn't change color wise.
When put it on video 1 does have a pretty 3 color effect with green on the left
blue in the center and red on the right, BUT if bring up the Menu bar the color
is blue on the left red in the middle and green on the right inside the bar. Or
even the volume bar which is suppose to be red? is red in the center with the
blue back ground but  on the right with the red background it changes to Green.
I don't see how a shadowmask could do this. Any one have any thoughts?
Mr. R. L. Mitchell
Mitch's Electronics
Lincoln, NE  68502
Mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx