[TechAssist] Philips 27F800-7583 Part ID help

  • From: cgriff4000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:03:09 -0400

          I have a Philips C#27F800 7583  M#PL9127 C101. This unit comes up
with no vertical then shuts down in 5 seconds. This unit was obviously worked
on before, R3487 and R3488 had been replaced each with a set of 10 ohm
resistors in parallel. I will assume someone was trying to make 5 ohm
resistors. What should these 2 resistors be, 4.7 ohms? Also, the vertical IC
was replaced and I can't read the markings. What should this be? Can I use an
NTE1788 in this model. Any other tips on this vertical circuit would be
helpful, I have a feeling I'm gonna need the help.

Thank you,
Chad
Griffiths TV/VCR
Schenectady, NY