[TechAssist] Panasonic picture tubes for widescreen and 4x3 PROJO's

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:04:22 -0800

I am repairing a 1993 model Panasonic 4x3 projection TV.  Two of the
three guns are dead.  I have 3 good picture tubes from another Panasonic
projection TV, but this TV is a widescreen or 16x9 set.  The tube
assemblies "look" identical except for the numbers on the picture tubes
are 43, 44, and 45 for the 4x3 set, and 49, 50, 51 for the widescreen
set.  Is there any logical reason why the tubes would be different?  I
thought that the circuitry would be the only difference.  TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx