[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TV CT-3269SCW Chas. AMEDP311 repeatedly blows regulator [FIXED]

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:37:08 -0500

THanks to Dominic and others, I have this set fixed and out the door.
Appreciated, everyone.

R808 and R809 , 1 Ohm fusibles, were the cause of the B+ not getting
through to the flyback. To verify that the power supply was regulating
at 130V, I removed the HOT and inserted a 40W 120V light bulb from
collector to ground and set the variac at 75V ac.  Pressed the power
button and the light lit up nicely and my voltage reading was bang-on at
130.7 Vdc. I raised the variac up to 125V ac and B+ stayed at 130V, so
this was a relief. I installed the HOT and fired set up and checked B+
and collector waveform. Everything checked ok so I test ran and closed
set up and shipped it.

Everyone, have a Happy New Year!!!!!!

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Gary,

Info from a similar chassis ABP331.
The 2SD2539 is a non damper transistor, the 2SD1880 has a built in
damper.
Your regulated B+ should be 130VDC. This B+ passes thru a fusistor pair
R808
and 809, 1 Ohm 1/2 watt. These pass B+ to/thru L803 and to pin 9 of the
FBT
out pin 10 to the horiz out transistor. Horizontal driver Q501 is fed by
resistor pair R510, 511 3.6k 3wt.

Let me know if this helps with your chassis layout.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine