[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic Fax machine (KX-FP250) modem error

  • From: "William Ed Miller" <prototech@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:30:47 -0500

If I might follow up to my own post, you may very well have a
leaky or shorted optocoupler IC in the modem section (near the
phone line jacks). It's likely a 4-pin DIP (or in a 6-pin DIP)
package, possibly with a part number like 4N2x, 4N3x or similar.

I would certainly check out the opto and associated parts.

Regards,

William E. Miller, ASEET IN
prototech@xxxxxxx