[TechAssist] Panasonic CT-36G33CW Chassis-LED313C

  • From: "Ed Gaidies" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:07:37 -0400

Need some help on this.
Set came in...customer said it was dead. When I plugged it in, I get a
relay click, then nothing.

Started to take some voltages at the Regulator, and found when I touch
on of the pins with my probe, the set will come on and stay on. Picture
and sound normal.

Now....if I push any of the Tac switches, the menu will come up, and
pushing it again the Menu disappears.

        This is common on all Tac switches..On/off...Volume
Up/Down...Channels Up/down. I figured I may have the Windex
Syndrome...and the Tac Switch marked Action...measures about 300
ohms...all the rest are over 10K +. I pulled the "action" tac switch
out, and it's not corroded, checks OK out of circuit. That partial short
is still on the board. I guess I need a Manual, if someone has one.

Anyone had this problem?

TIA

-Ed-

Tel-Tek Electronics