[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT-36G33CW

  • From: BOSS1996@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:11:31 EDT

Watch out with that regulator IC, it probably is STR58041A. The new IC will
not say "A" but will have a dot at the end of the part number.

Robert  Cardoza
Picture Perfect Elec.
9940 NW 6th Ct
Pembroke Pines, Fla,  33024
954-435-5868

In a message dated 9/15/2005 3:06:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Been  working on a dog here for the past 3 weeks.
I originally needed the  microprocessor, which cured my first problem.Erratic
functions from the Tact  switches.
Now I have a problem, when I turn it on, I hear the relay click,  but no HV
or sound.
I suspected the Regulator, because if I put one lead  from my meter on pin 2
or 3 of the Regulator, the set would start up. and  everything is fine. Till I
turn it off. Then same procedure.

I  installed a new Regulator..STR58041...with new Regulator I just get a high
 pitch squeal, or whine.

Any ideas from our Panasonic gurus. I have  changed a couple of electrolytics
in the Regulator circuit, to no  avail.

TIA

-Ed-

Tel-Tek  Electronics