[TechAssist] Re: PTK 195 Flyback Ticking

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:43:43 -0800 (PST)

To test the splitter disconnect the input from the
flyback to the splitter.
Isolate it someway.
I use a glass tube that an expensive cigar came in
with a hole to accomadate the wire and a split half
way to slip the wire into.
I also have an NE2 neon bulb(leads cut off) in the
tube.
If HV is present or pulsating the bulb will glow if
it's near the bare wire.
If the set comes on and has sound then the splitter
is likely bad.
However, it's then a good idea to replace the
input, and remove the
hv inputs for the crts at the splitter to double
check.
Might be a bad tube.
Replacing the inputs to the tube one at a time will
show which one.
I haven't had a bad crt on a 195, but I got caught
on a zenith once.
HTH
Walter

--- Tri-Valley Racing <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
> I have a ptk195 It is cycling when I plug it in
> Do you think I need a splitter as well as a
> flyback?
>
> Thanks for your input
>
> --
>

> Thomas S. Woodward
>

> Owner
> Tri-Valley Repair
> Tri-Valley Racing
> 508-947-8119
> mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.tri-valleyracing.com

> This Email List is accessible to the general
> public through search engines. Remove:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
> Set Vacation

> Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and