[TechAssist] Re: PIONNEER SD-P50A5-K PTV DEAD

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:00:36 EDT

Hi All,
     A little bit of a followup on this one. Pioneer says it is convergence
IC''s causing the problems. They recommend upgrading the IC's from STK392-110
to STK392-180 and replace the power supply to repair this unit. Seems to be a
problem in them I suspect although I don't see many here. Ignorance is bliss
they say....
     Pioneer tech support can reached at 1-770-475-5241. Parts at
1-800-228-7221. Customer service at 1-800-421-1404. Corporate at
1-310-952-2000. You
never can tell when you might have to complain. :).
     Writing these numbers down may save someone the time I spent trying to
repair this one. And since no one responded to my two previous posts in any
fashion, I'll assume most here don't see many Pioneer PTV's...
                                                      HTH,
                                                         Lindsey

Lindsey Altman
At Home Service Company
440 Cedar Ave.
Claxton, Ga. 30417
athomeservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(912)739-1019

OK,
    That went well the first time around. Maybe the second time is the charm,
who knows? Who handles Pioneer parts? I would love to get a part # for D125
and 126 in this unit if someone happens to have a schematic out there.  I'd
also like someone with any experience with Pioneer PTV's to email me any
experience info in them.

                                               Thanks,
                                                    Lindsey

In a message dated 10/5/2004 3:09:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, Labeauxman
writes:

10/5/2004 3:09:19 PM Eastern Standard Time

Hi All,
   This one is still at the customers home. After an initial once over I
found fuse/FU106 open and D125 shorted. I need a part number for D125 and 126.
Thought I'd replace them both while I'm doing it. Not having a print or any
experience with pioneer in years I was wondering if I should also be looking at
something else in this unit? The HOT is good. shoot gunning the unit only
turned
up the shorted diode and open fuse. Any ideas appreciated.

                                  Thanks,
                                       Lindsey