[TechAssist] One Last try! Sony KV32xbr400 11 blinks then shuts off

  • From: Warren <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:51:02 -0500

Hi All
One last try with this one.  11 blinks must mean something to the SOny People
out there.
I need some suggestions with this one as we are not familiar with this chassis.
THe set turns on with a high voltage crackle and a relay click, the set
also blinks 11 times and then the set seems to go back to a standby mode.
If you unplug the power cord now  you hear the high voltage come down so
we feel it's up the whole time. IF you don't unplug the power The set will shut
itself off too.
Again you will hear the crackle of the High voltage coming down.
No audio information is heard from the set during the 11 blinks.
We also don't have any Schematic or Key Voltage test points.
Thanks for the tips guys in the past your help is appreciated.

The chassis may be DXIA

TIA

Warren Campbell
Campbell's TV & Appliances