[TechAssist] Re: Older RCA VCR PSVR60

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:32:52 -0500

I have a small diagnostic question, if you please. Did you try to play a
test tape recorded on a hifi deck as well as a tape recorded on a non hi-fi
deck? I think the non-hi-fi deck uses the audio control head to record
audio, while the hi-fi deck records a linear track with the a/c head, for
compatability and the hi-fi tracks via the video head. If only one or both
sounds bad, that can give information to help troubleshoot with Also how
sensitive is the audio to tracking?

Mike Goins   jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx