[TechAssist] Re: Old VM turntable cycling gear not stopping

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:02:02 -0600

John,
I have worked on many of the old VM's.  They were a fairly reliable
turntable.  Usually a thorough cleaning of the cycling mechanism will fix
almost all of the reject problems.  I never had to do any filing.  Be sure
to clean the trip mechanism located on the reject gear.  Take the pieces out
of the gear and clean them.  Make sure upon assembly that the trip mech is
free (should move with gravity).  Don't use any grease on the trip mech.
Also clean the aluminum slide the actuates the trip mech. Put a little VCR
grease on the slide and associated parts.
That should cure any of the reject problems you are having.
Good luck,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.