[TechAssist] Re: Old Panasonic VCR (model missing) need ID for D10in power supply

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:48:50 -0500

John, thanks for the reply. With your information, I looked up the AK03
on the net and in the NTE replacement guide and they both claim the
diode to be a fast switching Schottky Barrier diode, NTE585. I will
order this part and try it.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

John at Main TV wrote:

> That PS is used in Panas. PV1360 or Syl. VC8940 or Quasar VH5262 and
> numerous others.  D1010 is a MA711/AK03 and is the 5v rectifier.  It
> does not cross to NTE because I don't think it ever went bad but I would
> guess a good fast switching diode with a couple amp current rating would
> work, I don't think it is a schottky but I could be wrong. (I thought I
> was wrong once but I was mistaken. HA HA.)  John.
>
> Gary McCartney wrote:
>
> > I have an Old Panasonic VCR (model missing). I need ID for D10 in the
> > power supply. The power supply number is: VEPS0162. The VCR is old
> > enough that it has the thumbwheel tuning adjustments but it is more of
> > the more modern look to it, not the ancient 6" high models from the
> > early 80's. D10 is in a small 3 pin package (like an ECG14 or 15 type
> > case). Pins 2 and 3 of the diode are soldered together so it is really
> > just
> > 2 connections. The diode is in the secondary of the transformer and must
> > be a low voltage rectifier because it leads to a 1000uF 6.3V cap.
> > The only number on the diode is 62
> > Would an NTE 552 or similar work ok?
> >
> > The reason I ask is in case it's a special diode type like Schoctky or
> > whatever.
>
> --
> John Mielke
> Main TV