[TechAssist] Re: Need info on HD outside antennas

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:15:57 -0500

Back in the 60's and 70's they used to pull the same sales gimmic for a
"color antenna" or "stereo sound" antenna reception.Tha antenna doesn't
know the difference.Possible a higher gain with a sharper lobe to reject
multipath signals is legit.
Phil Bader

peggs wrote:

> Any antenna will work.
> As long as they have good reception of Off-Air signals now,the
> same antenna can be used for HD
>
> Peggs
>
> At 11:27 AM 11/24/03, Hugh at Main TV wrote:
> >We are about 45 miles from transmitters for HD TV,  customers are
> >calling to see what it will cost to get HD off air.
> >For now, guess we will need to put up combo VHF, UHF antennas .   Would
> >like to know what others are putting up
> >for HD/VHF outside reception at about the 45 mile range.   We receive
> >the Denver signals.
> >thanks
> >
> >--
> >Hugh Thornley
> >Main TV
> >636 Main St.
> >Longmont, Colorado 80501
> >303-776-6955
> >maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx

> >Lost Password:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
> >Email Archives:
> >//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx