[TechAssist] Re: Need Some input on becoming a RCA ASC.

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:18:39 -0400

Those are also the Chipper Check people that you see so many good comments
about. But now that they have less control over product design, the new
stuff may not require it. But you still might have to get one to work on
their old stuff. When we were an ASC for them, they used to ask us to do all
sorts of special warranty work for them and then they would reject the
claims. If we persisted, they usually would pay, but not always. One day,
the rejected claim straw broke the camels back and we told them to learn how
to fix the stuff themselves. They were expensive to be an ASC for, charging
us for literature for each category, training materials, and the
Fixfinder data base. They loaned us a few seldom-used jigs but on many they
said they didnt have any to loan and we had to buy them. Finally resorted to
buying some from distributors and returning them and paying the restocking
charge.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609