[TechAssist] Re: Need Some input on becoming a RCA ASC.

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

I'm an ASC for RCA among others.
They pay as good as anyone else, not that any of
them pay enough.
The service Lit.(required) will set you back about
$350.00, and is on CD.
You will bear the expense of printing the manuals.
Tech support isn't very good.
Some of the Field Service Managers try hard.
Mine doesn't.
I have to be an ASC because I run the shop for a
self servicing dealer, otherwise, I wouldn't fool
with it.
What you might do, is get the dealer to set himself
up as the ASC.
They could pay you your rates, buy the parts, file
the claims, buy the lit, and you could just do the
work.
I've done that before, for two stores.
That way, you don't lose, if the claim goes unpaid.
HTH
Walter
--- armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been asked by a dealer here if I would
> like to become an rca
> service center.I never liked the idea of being a
> asc for any company
> because of all the requirements that they
> have.This dealer handles only
> rca tv's.I would like to get some info on whether
> you techs think its
> worth becoming a service center. How good are the
> pay scales.Do they pay
> mileage for out of town calls?The dealer say's
> that he sells alot of the
> projo tv's.I would apreciate any and all the info
> that I can get so that
> I can make a decision whether I want to be an asc
> for rca.If I decide
> that I want to do this,does rca have a website
> that I can download all
> the info on becoming an asc?
> Thanks for all your help in this matter.
> Mando
> Birdie's TV & Electronics
> Casa  Grande, AZ

> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login