[TechAssist] Re: Need Some input on becoming a RCA ASC.

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Max Bonnell)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:47:04 -0500

I guess everyone has to make up his own mind.

Many years go when I was a pup I was an ASC for GE. The reason I quit
them was all the things they wanted me to buy.
I think I still have some of the manuals and boards.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx(Don=A0Hartigan) Date: Sat, May 22, 2004, 11:08pm
(CDT+2) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Need Some input on becoming a RCA ASC.
Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back in APR/2000 the Cannex Outlet at CFB Gagetown asked me to do there
Warranty Repairs for there RCA units.At that time I was doing warranty
on the L/G,Sanyo,Philips,Panasonic,Daewoo,Emerson units they sold at
there store so didn't think adding RCA would be too much trouble;That
was until I called the TECH REP,Tony Devito at RCA. He said Cannex had
contacted him about my shop becoming a repair centre for there Rca
units.Said I could be a service centre immediately,AS SOON AS I sent a
cheque for the necessary software package .Cost was 950.00.Told him tks
BUT no tks!!I refuse to pay that much money to a company to do there
warranty work.That was in 2000 ,maybe things have changed but I doubt
it.I don't mind paying for yearly subscription to get the service
literature,but this was a little too much for my one man shop;just my
.02 cents worth plus

Don of HARTS-TVCR''ASC''
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Can,E2V3N2
hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx