[TechAssist] Re: Need Mitsubishi pip bypass for one that can't be bypassed

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:43:23 -0800 (PST)

Jim: Jeff Stielau of Shoreline Electronics Repair, posted this and I copyed it.
I have not tryed it.
Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

MITSUBISHI   #PIP BYPASS 3

Solution to bypass the un-bypassable module 05 Version "930b552005"

Jeff Stielau : Shoreline Electronics Repair

Found this one the sci.electronics.repair forum....did not try it yet

but may be a good fix !

 What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in

series with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction of the 2

resistors and run that to pin 11. A simple voltage divider.

Did a lot of experimenting with potentiometers to determine the values

needed. You could always use a 10k pot to do this and would have something that

is adjustable. You will need about 1.7v p-p at pin 11 when done instead of
around 2.7v

p-p that you get when simply bypassing with that 47uf cap.

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There was a discussion here a couple of weeks ago where someone had found a
way to bypass the pip on a set that it supposedly could not be bypassed. I
have a CK35702 that seems to fit that category but can't find it in the
archives. If possible please repost this information.
Thanks,
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.