[TechAssist] Need Help with RCA FTB No. 223011

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:13:23 -0400

Im working on getting this Flyback Repro'd for us. I bought a Good Pull From
Keith Trumbla in Canada and Sent it overseas to Europe in hopes they could
make it. First they said yes, then later they said no, and returned it to
me. I never Tested it because I didnt discount Keiths Word it was ok, but
Its possible either it quit while they were testing it, or they just goofed
and sent it back. They were pretty quiet about it overall.

The New Engineer I have looking at the Same pull, says the ABL/GND Pin is
open. They say this is the Terminal on the Top of the FBT. See Picture here:

http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/rca_223011.jpg

My question is to those who have replaced a few of these in their Service
Career. Is it Common for the ABL Terminal to Open up in these Flybacks? This
Flyback is to the CTC169RA Chassis. Direct View series. Its been mentioned
elsewhere that a possible Mod Exsists for the other Similar Flyback used in
the other identical Direct View Set to get that one to work in place of it.
Tritronics was said to have knowledge of such a mod. Would the Secondary of
that Flyback be identical to this one? Looking for a Way to solve the
missing piece of info. Any sugguestions or Schematics of these 2 Flybacks as
used in the respective sets appreciated.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)