[TechAssist] Need Help Modifying ISO Image

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ".TECHASSIST @ freelists . org" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:51:57 -0700

I received a multiboot CD which contains a variety of important
utility programs. Menu driven and useable outside of Windows.

I am trying to replace the Spanish version of Partition Magic with my
American version. Most of the programs are in English. Building one of
these from scratch just seems like too much trouble.

I have been able to replace Ghost (Spanish) and have it boot up
normally, but not PM. The DOS version of Ghost is just one file, PM
contains many files. I carefully replaced only the PM files which
had the same file name (all were very close to the same size).

UtraISO is the program I used to delete and replace files (in the
ISO image from original bootable CD).

This may seem trivial to some, but it is so convenient to have
"everything" on one CD which boots up in DOS. More likely that some
of the apps will even get used.

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green