[TechAssist] Re: NTE Parts

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Larry <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:01:22 -0700

Hi Larry,

It's important to have a copy of the Japanese transistor spec manual.
Just as important as having the ECG/NTE manual. Available at some of
the aftermarket semiconductor distributors for $10 - $15.

I sometimes use a HOT/Damper when I don't have a regular HOT that will
do and they often work fine. Always check the heatsink every few
minutes to see if it is overheating.

Here are the best web sites with spec's.  Hundreds of American and
Japanese semiconductors.  Many semi's you won't find in your books.

If I still can't find the spec's I do a web search using google.com
and often need to click on "groups" to find what I need. There you
will see messages from techs on the various forums.

http://www.semelab.co.uk/
American and European transistors*

http://www.donberg.ie/warehs/group14.htm
American, European and Japanese semiconductors*

http://www.tvaudio.co.za/transistors/transistors_01.htm
American, European and Japanese and semiconductors

http://members.tripod.com/~Malzev/comp/transist.htm
American, European and Japanese and semiconductors*

http://www-eu2.semiconductors.com/search/
Philips semiconductors

http://www.elisnet.or.jp/login-sanyo.htm
Sanyo semiconductors

http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/eng/index.html
Toshiba semiconductors

* These web sites each have hundreds of listings with spec's

--
Best regards,
 Bil                            mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx