[TechAssist] NEC - Need ID on Burnt up Q327 ???

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:20:34 -0400

Yes Gary, the Screen is FLAT and it was made NOV 2002.

It uses a standard CRT, not a flat LCD screen But has a "perfectly" FLAT
screen face. Nice monitor!
Q327 is burnt up VERY bad. Crumbled into pieces in my hand! Appears it had
bad CSJ's (Cold SOlder COnnections) on this transistor and this caused the
transistor to heat up and burn-up. The transistor is mounted on a very small
"stand-up" type heat sink, much like a color drive transistor on a CRT board
would look like. It is next to a couple other transistors Q325 and Q326
which are also mounted to same type heat sink. The color of this transistor
appeared to be different than Q325/326 which check fine. I believe once I
know the correct transistor number to replace Q327 with, this will fix this
nice monitor for our customer. Many Thanks with ANY help!

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx