[TechAssist] Re: NEC 25" TV CT-2501C Chassis-X8A No Sound

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

NEC   CT2501A

Audio No Go

TV Has No Audio. Traced The Problem Back To The Volume Control Circuit.  If
I Put A Dc Voltage On Ic301 Pin 12   An5835    And Vary It The Audio Comes
Back And Changes.  From There The Signal Goes Back To Tr106 And Tr107 Which
Produces The Dc Voltage To Change The Volume.  Could Use A Fax Or Scan Of
That Section Of The TV.

Fix: Try Cycling The Preset / Normal Switch On The Front Panel. This Model
Mutes Audio If The Station Is Not In The Channel Memory.

Also , if the large signal processor IC in the center of the main board is
in a socket , remove the socket and solder the IC directly in.

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413