[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS4551 - Intermittant Dead?

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:25:46 -0500

Damon, check maybe IC9A0, Q950, Q951.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
http://orpheuscomputing.com
Clint Hamilton, Owner
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
pchardware@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 1:29 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] Mitsubishi VS4551 - Intermittant Dead?

Hello everybody, and Thanks in advance to anybody who has seen
these symptoms on a Mitsubishi VS4551. My first time repairing
this specific model.

Cust complained of intermittant dead set. I saw it fail once,
looked like the Tv went black, then saw 3 flat lines (R, G, B)
and Tv always had sound and remote/front panel control. Turn it
off for 20-30 minutes and it would then function fine.

I replaced the vertical output , but that didn't fix the
problem. After further questions I also found out that the TV
when cold would not start the first time, but if turned off,
then back on it would work, Lo and behold I got it to show that
symptom. When it does that, you hear the power relay click, no
HV or sound at all. 2nd time and it starts....

I've worked on Mitsubishi's a long time , but this is my first
VS 4551 with these symptoms. I'm thinking it may be an
intermittant SMPS output, but that doesn't explain the missing
picture with sound symptom, only the dead when cold symptom.
I'm sure somebody has seen this, and thanks for any info you
have.

Damon

To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx