[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi CS-40505 arc/snapping... 40" DTV!

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:06:52 -0400

I removed the back, turned it on. The snap was from the CRT neck area. I
unplugged the CRT board and hung it loose.Powered set on and looked at
the board...the arc/snap showed it was going from one focus pin to the
other across the top of the socket plug holes. This CRT socket has two
seperate pins together  I assume are focus. It's these. Is this a socket
issue, do I open it and scrape it, Think it's excessive focus voltage
from a bad fly?
If socket is bad, wonder if I can pack with silicon RTV...
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx