[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi CS-35401 Video comes and goes - Sound stays.

  • From: Carol Rundle <brundle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:04:59 -0700 (PDT)

Leroy,
 Sure sounds like PIP , c7001,4.7@35v. ,also open',corroded, connection at +
side of c7001,If not there,
 Might try heating , cooling cap's on A/V jack panel, (hair drier).

  Bill,
   Bill's TV
    Sonora,Calif.
LeRoy Westlund <llw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This set has a good ,stable picture when using Ant-A or B.
Everytime I select External-1, or External-2, it takes about 45 seconds to 2
minutes, before the picture shows up. It just has a black screen with OSD
OK.

Sometimes the video will go away while watching it for a while. It is
completly unpredictable. Tapping on PIP module, or using freez-spray has no
effect.
It will go bad every time, when I switch inputs from Ant-A or B, and back to
Externals 1 or 2.

I think the PIP module is OK, cause the problem only shows up on external
inputs.
Should I try a PIP bypass first, anyway ?

Could it be that the Video switching IC is bad ? If so,...what is the ckt.
designation, and part number ?
Is it located on the Video input jack board ?

Do any of you have any tips for a problem of this nature ?

Any help is appreciated,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087 to forget "
Ph./Fax 435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".