[TechAssist] Mits 4551C

  • From: "Warren C." <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:08:58 -0400

Hi All

I was sevicing a Mits Projo today and found many shorts on secondary of
SMPS transformer. Shorts to ground  that is....so I isolated the
transformer and found all the
pins shorted together all but two. When I checked the schem. it clearly
shows three
seperate and isolated windings.  (secondary)
Pins 10 and 11 test as one winding.  That's OK
Has anybody else found this to be faulty?? Must not be common!!
Did I miss anything else?
This is the short version of the story.

PS  The set would not fire up only click twice. No blown fuses!!   8
here

I Had changed the main regulator, Opto Isolator, and 130 V reg... no
fix...

All coments welcome.
TIA

Warren Campbell