[TechAssist] Re: Membership

Jay,
  You are indeed a wise man.  I have stressed the
point as a pet-peeve of mine several times in the
"servicetalk" format concerning the cut-throat, a-hole
that went to Radio Shack and purchased a 7.95
"soldering iron" and an analog multimeter for
10.00.... and then deems himself a "tech"...while the
rest of us have thousands of dollars invested in CRT
rejuvenators, frequency counters, isolated vari-ac's,
SAMS, and technical literature and bulletins from
factory authorization, etc, ect, ect, ...and then take
the time to read the e-postings, thinking we are
helping a fellow tech........only to find out we are
"freely give away" the technical help to any
problem,,,to anyone,,, wihtout consideration of
whether "the favor will ever be returned" ....
  You can appreciate this to it's full extent, when
you have had this type of "tech-bozo" move into your
business region,,,,as I have in the past, and try to
put you out of business by undercuting your prices,
and bad-mouthing your good name........In the
past..."they" were likely short lived when they
couldn't "sponge" the answers off others willing to
help....It is different now, and if you want to stay
in business....you need to be aware of these leaches.
   That is the only gripe I have ever had with this
free type of forum.....but, it now seems evident that
those that are willing to be "helpers" and those that
choose....or have to be  "users" will be rooted out.
  This is something "WE" the "techs" will all benefit
from........
  That's my 2 cents :)
    Cal

   --- Jay <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Hello all,
>      Soon there will have to be some changes to our
> membership procedure.
> We will at some point in the near future stop
> accepting just anyone who
> wants to join. This list is and should be for
> technicians only!!
>    As a member if you know a tech that you would
> like to see as a member
> invite them now. Otherwise it will be a lot harder
> to join our ranks. We
> will accept applications for membership. But the
> applicant must prove that
> they have electronic knowledge, or are associated
> with a established repair
> center.
>     This is to benefit us all. You members that have
> been active with the
> mailing list have proven that our group is a very
> good group. Not every
> question has been answered but a good  lot of them
> have been.
>      I will accept all input from you on this
> subject at
> admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   . These changes are being
> developed now, but will
> be several weeks before implemented.    Julius Knoll
> admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> To unsubscribe write to:
> techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.