[TechAssist] Re: Mastech capacitor checker model 390-735

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:34:07 -0500

Kevin, this meter is a capacitance value checker, not ESR. I played
around a bit more with the meter and I was able to get a capacitance
reading by inserting the cap into the built in socket. Even then by
wiggling the meter, the reading would change. I have not been able to
get a reading when cap is connected to the external leads (continuity of
the leads check ok). I also have not been able to get the case apart
yet.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada