[TechAssist] Re: Making circuit boards from schematics

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:47:13 -0500

Welcome, hope they help.  Yes, the addresses show up at both
lists, and even if one is BCC'd, the list that is BCC'd to
will never show in the 'from' line.  Your email for example
showed as coming from 'the other list'.  When members from
that other list now reply, they and the techassist admin.
will get a couple of bounced error messages for EACH reply.
The answer to your question can be found in the welcome
message members receive when they join, (I have put that
below since this question was asked of the list).

4.  Please do not cross-post to multiple lists at the same
     time.  (See FAQ's #8 below).

8.  Cross-posting (sending to more than one email repair list
     and to an individual at a time) is not allowed because
of
     the following: When a member of any email list is not a
     member of ALL email lists someone cross-posts to, and
     they "reply all" to one of these posts, the email will
     be not only bounced back to the persons trying to reply
     to your post, but also cause bounced error messages at
     the email lists.  Please send to ONE LIST at a time with
     nothing in the CC: OR BCC: field.  Send to one, then
     simply copy and paste the text into another email, then
     send it.  Or, simply go to your 'sent email' folder then
     re-send it, remove the previous header and put the other
     email address in the "To:" field.  If you are NOT
sending
     email to any lists, then of course it is ok and up to
you
     if you want to CC to more than one INDIVIDUAL.

Thanks for your understanding.
-Clint

Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org