[TechAssist] Magnavox Proj. 9P5034 C101 PTV835. Power surge, no audio. Picture good.

  • From: "Robinson Electronics" <RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:22:34 -0500

Can one of you Techs help me with this repair?
Customer had a storm related power surge and lost all sound, but the picture
is good. No other problems, just no audio at all.
I found the audio STK4392 amp IC 7301 "shorted" on the power amp board
mounted on the left side wall, also the pico fuse 1202 @ 3 amp was "open".
Replaced both, no other components on this board checked bad, (but still no
audio at all).
Has anyone else ran into this, with other components bad, or where to check
next? I appreciate any help on this.  Thanks  a lot.     David.

Robinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road #51
Asheville, NC 28803-1757
Ph./Fax. 828  274-3787