[TechAssist] Magnavox, Funai, Sears and Sylvania

  • From: <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:50:57 -0400

Hi Y'all,

For those unaware of it, most all of Magnavox (Philips) branded combi's and
VCR's are made by Funai and have been for a few years now. Magnavox
(Philips) does support these models with their "Force 32" service
literature.
Sylvania's made for Sears, on the other hand, are not supported by Funai
even though Funai made them. Service lit must be obtained from Sears (good
luck) on these models. I won't take them in because the last one I did Sears
refused to sell me the manual. The customer trashed the 2yr old 27" set
rather than take it to Sears.
Funai does support most Sylvanias sold by other dealers such as Walmart.
Funai also makes Emerson and Symphonic products.

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
Marion, Ohio 43302-8919
Phone & Fax 740-389-5726