[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox Ch25Y1 Yoke Noise

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:57:28 -0600

Grady,
There are many things that you can try. This was a common problem with the
older Magnavox. I have had some success with wedging ice cream sticks under
the yoke, from the back. It's a trial and error process. Just try wedging a
small stick under the back portion and see if you can make any difference in
the vibration. If you can find the right spot, then wedge the stick in place
and bond it with silicone seal.(hot glue will melt from the heat of the crt)
You could also "pot" the yoke.(soak in varnish).

I have also replaced these yokes with yokes from other brand sets and they
worked very well. BTW a 26 or 27" will work on a 25".

I hate to replace it with a new OEM yoke, because in a year or two the
problem will usually return. Just lousy yokes.

Good luck and good hunting.

Paul W
C&W Electronics

From: GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Magnavox Ch25Y1 Yoke Noise
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:38:21 EST

Hello All
This set came in playing ok but with noise in the yoke.
I would apreciate if someone would tell me how to correct this problem.
Thanks. Grady
GOW TV Service

SUBJECT field to the address above.

SUBJECT field to the address above.