[TechAssist] Re: MAG: 25X6 chassis Quick Question?

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:12:12 -0500

Friends:

We used to use the light bulb test on Motorola base stations to find shorts
after lightning strikes. If the bulb had a bright glow, you had shorts to
find. We just simply repaired circuits until the bulb went dim. But those
had a round screw in fuse the same size as a light bulb. We have found on
most TV's, if you run your powerite down to around 80 volts, you may not
blow any parts if the flyback is bad, however, the flyback will get warm, or
in some cases might even smoke a little. The best way though is to use a
Sencore VG92, and do a load test, with everything in circuit. It will check
your timing and loads, you will know in less than five minutes if your
flyback is bad. That is just what works for us. It is hard to get my young
techs to solder a light bulb socket into a little TV chassis. They try to
come up with quicker test. My 2 cents.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
Website: www.electricmedic.com
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"
More Info: www.augusta-ga.bbb.org/report.html?compid=6001278&national=y

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV, Konka,
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA, Samsung,
Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex