[TechAssist] Re: Looking for a cross for 2SC5426 HOT

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:12:10 -0700

You do not list model or chassis number or age so i'm not sure if the older
Sony transistors would work.  Originally the 27's came out with a 2SC4927,
that was upgraded to a 2SC5148, and that was upgraded to a 2SC5426.  I
assume you are trying to get by on this one without ordering and waiting for
the C5426.  If you have one, you might try a C5148 but nothing else. Play it
a few hours to make sure it does not get too hot.  Be sure to solder
everything in the base circuit and replace any caps around the horiz driver.
I would never use an NTE in this case.  John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St
Longmont, Co 80501