[TechAssist] Re: Light bulbs under warranty?

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:34:59 -0500

Odd that you should ask that question.  I just finished reading an
article on that written by Joe Sopko in the June, 2004 edition of "The
Speaker."  (I'm a little behind on my reading!)

The article warns that many ESP's (Extended Service Providers) & TPA's
(Third Party Administrators) won't pay you for lamp replacement, because
it is considered a consumable item.

It further warns that you could end up losing the price of the bulb,
labor, and service call if you go out on a call, replace the lamp, and
expect to get paid.

Thanks for the heads up, Joe.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)

----