[TechAssist] Re: Kenwood turntable. KD-26R Question

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:17:36 -0700

Jerry,
It's most likely not the motor...  Pull the platter and check the bearings.
I've seen
grease so badly contaminated that the platter couldn't turn on the spindle
without a little
kick start and I've seen some literally glued to the spindle due to grease
breakdown...
Another possibility is the idler tire is worn and not able to spin the platter
because it
slips.
If you need part try this:
http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/ModelDetail.aspx?ModelCatCode=075.090&ModelID=63733