[TechAssist] JVC-AV36950-dead-relay clicks at plug in &red light flashes once

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

  Help !

Smps not working. No 5 volts to micro. Changed micro(IC701) , ic901(REG IC) ,
also IC421(vert ic) just in case it holds down smps due to no sweep. I tried
opening pin 40 on micro (looks like a shut-down circuit) . None of the parts I
changed seem to be shorted. Is there any way I can bypass some kind of shut
down here to get the smps to operate so I can see what this set has wrong with
it?
TIA-- any help at all here will be greatly appreciated.

Richard La Placa
Continental TV
312 a Park Row
Chestertown, Md, 21620